Cash Transfer Journal vs Budget Journal Entry (BJE):
- A cash transfer journal moves cash between funds. Except between fund 10’s.
- The Controller's Office approves all cash transfers.
- Use a BJE when moving budget from one fund 10 to another fund 10. Fund 10's are budget driven.
- The Budget and Planning Office approves all BJEs.
- Other restrictions:
- Fund 34 cash transfers have strict restrictions
- Cash transfer journals are used on grants when
- moving the residuals of a fixed price to a fund 26
- funding costshare
- construction projects
*Please contact Sponsored Projects before doing a cash transfer for a grant.
For questions about cash transfer please contact:
Cash Transfer Journal Entries must comply with the University's Fund Transfer Rules identifying which funds can transfer cash between each other.
For information see the Office of University Controller website:
Download the Fund Transfer Rules below: